Harajuku Omotesando Architecture Tour
Harajuku and Omotesando area have experienced a number of dramatic changes by the rapid westernization after the feudal period and by the rapid economic growth after World War II.
What is it that attracting people to this area?
Isn’t Harajuku just one of the cute Japanese shopping street for young girls? Isn’t Omotesando just the Japanese equivalent of Rodeo Drive with high-end boutiques lined up? By walking this area with us, you will understand the attractiveness of this unique area. Once stepping into the back streets, a wide variety of Japanese life styles can be observed. You will understand how diverse it is and how so many characters live just in this small area that the tour could not be combined with others. And trust me, you will fall in love of this area by the end of the tour. It’s just not enough to see in just 3 hours!
- You will understand very soon that Harajuku/ Omotesando area isn't only for young girls.
- You will get to see the famous architecture that you have always wanted to see along with the new inspiring works that you didn't know about and know who to look for in future.
- You will get to know the history of Harajuku and Omotesando that is deeply connected from 64’ Tokyo Olympics and the coming 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- You will find out about the big difference with other famous boutique shopping areas such as Ginza.
- Tea, coffee break at a hidden cafe with our friendly guide to enjoy chatting, exchanging architectural topics and become good mates at the end of the tour!
Checking out the one of the Tokyo's most impressive landmarks Yoyogi Olympic stadium from the distance, we will also see the modern and unique fashion boutique architecture such as The Iceberg, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Tod's, Sunny hills and Prada. We will begin our tour from the Jingubashi bridge in front of Meiji shrine. Will also see some of Japan’s emerging architectural works between the big names. We will take a side trip to see the backstreet neighborhood to appreciate the different aspects of the area. We will stop by at a cafe to have a short break while walking and enjoy some conversation (drinks at the cafe will be paid by individual).
In front of a cafe “Mori no Terrace” located in a big open space where a big wooden entrance gate of the Meiji Shrine (Meiji Jingu) stands. Meiji Shrine can be easily reached from JR Harajuku station after getting out of the Omotesando exit and simply walk toward the forest.)
12,000yen for a single guest
18,000yen for 2 guests (9,000yen p/p)
24,000yen for 3 guests (8,000yen p/p)
30,000yen for 4 guests (7,500yen p/p)
35,000yen for 5 guests (7,000yen p/p)
(Please note that the meals, drinks, transportation fee to/from Harajuku station of the participants will not be included in the tour fee
Morning tour starts at 10:00am and ends at 13:00pm
Afternoon tour starts at from 13:00 pm and ends at 16:00pm
Also a tour of 3 hours from your preferred time can be arranged upon request.
- Please keep in your mind that this is a walking tour, so you will be walking fair bit of distance (but with breaks in between).
- No age limit, however children who can enjoy walking together till the end of tour may join.
- Since this is a small group tour, last-minute reservations cannot be accepted.