Kana Nishino 1

Hi there! Christmas is around the corner! How are you doing? Today I want to write about Japanese pop culture. UTADA is a diva of Japan. She’s bilingual, born in New York and made a debut in both Japan and the US. She’s currently living in Italy,  married to an Italian guy. Namie Amuro is very popular all around Asian countries. And today, I want to write about very Japaniesie Japanese singer, Kana Nishino. I want to analyze the reasons why she attracts so many people both young and old, boys and girls. When writing this blog, I feel so happy and fun. And I do hope that my good vibes reach out to many people in the world. Then if someone gets happy by reading this blog, it will be my big joy. Cause I believe that the very message of mine, love and peace, is spreading around the world!

皆さん、こんにちは。もうすぐクリスマスですね。宇多田ヒカルはバイリンガルでアメリカデビューも果たしているし、安室チャンは広くアジア圏で人気がある歌姫ですが、今回はドメスティックな魅力に溢れた西野カナの世界観と日本発のポップカルチャーの底力をいろいろと考察してみたいと思います。別段体系付けて論じる訳でもなく分析を多角的な視座に立って行う訳でもない私のブログですが、書きたいことがある沸点に達したらほとばしるように流れ出て来て、その流れを書き留めた後に見返したら一つの小さな惑星が出来上がっているので、私は毎回その手法を取り入れて楽しみながらブログを書き綴っています。この私の楽しい気持ちが伝播して読んでいる人が何かしら愉快な気持ちになれたら、それはラブ&ピースの確かなメッセージに変換されたということなので、こんなに嬉しいことはありません。

My husband and I are big fans of Kana Nishino. We are talking about her a lot so passionately. First of all, she is genuinely a great singer. Before she made a debut, she practiced the skill of singing using a method of Japanese traditional folk music. The traditional folk music isn’t fashionable nor popular among people in this day and age. However, the way of singing can be very profound for professional singers. Kana fully understands that the basic is everything. She spent many years to master the singing techniques, and by using the tips she now sings pop music in such a charming way.

私達夫婦はカナやんこと西野カナが大好きで、よく熱っぽく2人でカナやんの魅力を語り合っています。まずもって第一に挙げられるのはその歌唱力。デビューする前は民謡の稽古に励んで軸がブレない歌唱法をみっちり修練しているとのこと。カナやんが民謡を歌っているYouTube 動画を見たことがあります。カナやんは先ずは何よりも基本が基盤となるものが大切だとよく分かっていて、地味な練習を通して培った根性の強さメンタルのタフさを時々チラリとのぞかせることがあります。

fullsizerender-38

First pic. I made a scrap booking of Kana. Made a parody of Campbell’s  Soup Cans art of Andy Warhol! Used Lipton tea bags!(カナやんでスクラップブッキング。アンディ•ウォーホールのスープ缶のアートをパロってみました。紅茶のティーバッグで!)

Foundation is everything in singing and learning languages and any kinds of things. I think if you want to master something and hope to become a professional, 80% of the time you spend should be used to acquire the foundation. And in the rest of 20%, the originality and the creativity of the person comes out. Or in other words, I think people develop their individuality by learning the basic. Basic can be pretty boring. It’s practicing and practicing, repeating something again and again.  But if someone finds a truth in it and if the person masters the truth, one and only very beautiful flower of him/her blooms.

語学学習もそうですが、全ての芸事はまず基本ありきで、私は基本が全体の実力の8割を占めると思っています。そして残りの2割にその人独自の個性や創造性が現れるのだと。もっと言うと、基本を学ぶ中で人は個性を発展させてゆくのだとも思っています。基本とは反復練習の積み重ねで、その果てしない繰り返しの中に宿る自分だけの真理を見つけて体得した時に、その人だけの美しい花が開くのだと信じています。

Kana graduated from a university in Nagoya. She was working in Tokyo as a singer and studied in Nagoya. She commuted long distance by Shinkansen, bullet train. I think Kana learned a lot in the university. It is said she was majoring in English literature and communications. She is committed to her promotion and so called “self-produce” too. She writes lyrics of her songs by using huge data of young people’s voices by conducting marketing. So going to university was crucial for her.

カナやんは芸能活動と学業を両立させて大学を卒業しました。私は学歴を大学名でアレコレ言うのは殆ど意味がないと思っていて、何学部に行って何を学んだのか、その大学で得たものは何なのか、どう自己を発展させたのかが大切だと思っています。受験勉強を年若い頭脳を持てる時期に経験することは深い意味があるのだと日々英語を教えていて思うし、大学でしか得られない学びや経験も多くあります。ですのでカナやん自身が積極的に関わっているセルフプロデュースの面でも、カナやんは大学でコミニケーション論や文学やプレゼンの方法を学んだことが大いに役に立っていると感じているに違いありません。

This article is pretty interesting, right? I’m writing about Kana Nishino on the next blog post. To be continued! Have a very Merry Christmas!

この記事、面白いでしょ?という訳で次回に続きます。楽しいクリスマスを!

 

Back to Top